SOLVED

How can I delete a Cloud PC?

Copper Contributor
Im using W365 enterprise in Endpoint Manager. I was trying to redeploy the cloud pc. For that reason I deleted the device in Endpoint Manager and on-prem AD.

Now unfortunately I am not able to redeploy, neither delete user fully immediatly to start from begining.

How can i solve this issue ? A delete button is missing in Cloud PC.
6 Replies
best response confirmed by Kitram (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There is no delete unless you remove the user license. Based on what you describe it seem you want to redeploy a new Cloud PC for the same user, then the workflow to do that would be what we call "reprovision", this article explains. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365/reprovision-cloud-pc
Hi eric, thank you for the link. I'm not able to reprovision the cloud pc, because i deleted the device. Means there is no cloud pc device object anymore, but there is still the entry under windoes 365 > clouf pc.

I am not able to tell endpoint manager, to recreate a device and deploy or delete the user full, even i remove the license and membership of AAD group for provisioning.
@Eric Orman

I did found the answer. This feature is not implemented yet. But it would be nice, if there would be a manual workaround, for example over Powershell or Microsoft Graph.
Also a timeline, when its planned to publish this feature, would be helpful.

For example there is also an interessting update "Support for Cloud PC sizes based on virtual graphics processing units (GPU)". Our management and business would love to use this feature. It would solve our needs. But if there is no timeline from microsoft, when they will bring it to the maket, its hard to communicate for me as IT and wait for the business. This forces us to focus and implement solutions, which are already ready on market and which aren't (unfortunately) from Microsoft.

"End grace period option

Currently, certain conditions will put a Cloud PC into a seven-day grace period. At the end of this time the Cloud PC will be deprovisioned and user will lose access.
In a future update, you’ll be able to immediately end the grace period for individual Cloud PCs. By ending the grace period manually, you won’t have to wait the full seven days to remove user access from the Cloud PC."
https://aka.ms/w365roadmap
I ran Across this recently when trying to move resources in Azure. Virtual NIC is provisioned in Azure and cannot be moved. Needed to remove the Cloud PC. This option is now available .

End grace period for Cloud PCs
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365/enterprise/end-grace-period
If you login to the Office 365 Admin center, open the "Devices" option. Then you can highlight the device and delete it
1: Go to the Azure portal, navigate to Azure Active Directory, and check if the user account is still present. If it is, delete the user account from there.

2: If the user account is not present in Azure AD, go to the Azure portal, navigate to Windows Virtual Desktop, and check if the session host is still present. If it is, delete the session host from there.

3: If the session host is not present in Windows Virtual Desktop, navigate to the Resource Group where the VMs are located in the Azure portal, and check if the VM is still present. If it is, delete the VM from there.

4: If you are unable to delete the VM, connect to the VM using Remote Desktop connection, and manually delete any files and folders that may be associated with the user account.

5: Once you have deleted all entities associated with the user account, you should be able to redeploy the cloud PC.

Note: Before deleting any entities, take a backup to avoid any accidental data loss. Deleting any entity is permanent and cannot be undone.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kitram (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There is no delete unless you remove the user license. Based on what you describe it seem you want to redeploy a new Cloud PC for the same user, then the workflow to do that would be what we call "reprovision", this article explains. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-365/reprovision-cloud-pc

View solution in original post