Windows 11 should restore Snap layouts or snap groups after restarting a PC

Copper Contributor

What if I need to use a specific layout of Snap groups daily. Do I've to make it daily? Seems a bad idea to me.

10 Replies

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Ideas space, which is intended for ideas for the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Windows 11 space - please post Windows 11 questions here in the future. 

Do you have any idea or feedback to improve this feature?
You may share it using the Feedback Hub app in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Yes, some way to either save through reboot or at a minimum keep a list of last used groups saved so that you can save time activating groups instead of recreating your world each day. At least it's a little easier to use than with windows 10.
Thank you, Caesar. Your reply is a start. Could you explain how to "save through reboot" and/or where/how to "keep a list."
Thank you,
I totally agree! The exercise of dragging your application windows to SNAP lay-outs becomes tedious...

You should be able to 'pin' a (SNAP) group on the taskbar, or use a shortcut to a powershell script to achieve the same.

@Hodori_0504th wonder if there is a way to do this via a macro or shortcut icon? 

Has anyone created this as an Idea in the Tech Community? I would like to upvote it.

@Jaredmpurplecom Hello! Unfortunately there is no appropriate place to share feature ideas about Windows 11 in the Microsoft Tech Community. You could share it in the Windows 11 discussion space but it would not be tracked by the product team. 

The appropriate place to share ideas on Windows 11 is here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-the-feedback-hub-app-f59... 

There isn't an upvote option on those ideas, however. Sorry about that. 

@zubairarshad 

Old thread I know, but just to point out, although MS still have not done anything about this, if you have a Dell monitor, then you can download the Dell Display Manager, and it will save you settings.

MS, you need to do better, if your competitors can implement this feature, then surely you can!

You should share this idea using the Feedback Hub app in the Windows 11 and you may share the link so other could upvote it.