vTPM Issue Hyper-V and Windows 11 22H2 for ARM64

Copper Contributor

Installed Windows 11 22H2 Enterprise on Surface Pro X (Microsoft SQ1 processor).

Enabled Hyper-V only (but NOT Virtual Machine Platform or WSL)

Never connected to the Internet after OS install (so no Windows Subsystem for Android installed).

Create a new Gen2 Hypervisor

Under Secure Boot settings, enable Secure Boot, try to enable TPM (so vTPM) and Click Apply.

Result: It thinks about for a minute then crashes with the error "Failed to Connect to Host Guardian Service client connection profile".

Can confirm that a Host Guardian client connection profile does exist with the Powershell cmd: Get-HgsClientConnectionProfile.

I was trying to create a ARM64 Windows 11 VM in order to create a deployment reference image (so I don't have to do it on the actual hardware) using a Surface Pro X. I believe you need the vTPM enabled to install a Windows 11 ARM (22H2) VM, other wise it just crashes and says no boot loader found if you try to use the ISO to install Windows 11 ARM (22H2) into the VM

2 Replies

I'm facing the same issue on Windows Dev Kit 2023 – if I try enabling TPM, I get "The Host Guardian Service client configuration settings could not be retrieved. Details are included in the HostGuardianService-Client event log." (and there's nothing useful in said event log).

any updates on that? I'm facing the same issue on my Windows Dev Kit 2023