Taskbar icons ungrouping vanished in Windows 11

Copper Contributor

I got a Windows 11 upgrade yesterday. Suddenly I see that the Taskbar option of un-grouping the open tasks has vanished ! A feature that I have been using for more than 20 years has suddenly stopped and made my work very difficult as I need multiple Excel files, PPts, Outlook, and some IBM Tools for my work.

How can they roll out an upgrade like this ? Was it not tested properly ?

Please solved this problem ASAP.

8 Replies
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and share your feedback or upvote existing ones.
IS there any update from Microsoft on this ? It seems with Windows 11 release, they have made life complicated for users - why ??? Why on earth should anyone do that ? Who on earth would want to remove existing features ?
Unfortunately, there is no news or update at the moment.

Hi @SatyajitGhose 

How to enable 'Never Combine taskbar buttons'. Windows 11 ? - Microsoft Tech Community

People send feedback, but this feature has been removed for security reasons

Windows (currently applications have disabled direct access to system tasks) in the Insider program currently the Microsoft team -> is working on improvements in the Beta channel to improve productivity, but these are tests.

This is really sad...how can Microsoft cause this kind of inconvenience to users who have been using Windows for more than 2 decades ? They may not provide new features, but how can they remove existing ones ? This is ridiculous ! More people will start shifting to Apple/Mac in future if they do not stop this kind of absurd of customer unfriendly stuff.
Windows team hear voice of users and this request has been shared in forum and in the Feedback Hub app. From experience Windows team will do something.
What has happened to this company. Unbelievable.

It is very annoying to use without taskbar ungrouping option. Frustrated.