quickly adjusting screen brightness in Windows 11

Copper Contributor

When using a keyboard which doesn't have it's own screen brightness control buttons; is there a quick shortcut to change the brightness, as there used to be in Windows 10?

This is something I like to do manually several times a day as I have sensitive eyes! I used to be able to access it quickly via the bottom right hand corner of my screen. With Windows 11, it seems the only way is to go into start menu>settings>system>display>brightness....

Five clicks is fine, I'm not impatient, but that feels like an awful lot of visually navigating around the screen trying to read stuff, exactly at the moment when your the brightness is not working well for your eyes! Surely there is some new shortcut I'm missing?

Thanks in advance if you can help!

2 Replies
Apologies, I probably posted this question in the wrong place!

For anyone else searching for help on this, the answer to my question is here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-screen-brightness-in-windows-3f67a2f2-5c65-ceca-7...

...and for anyone as ignorant as me, what is referred the as 'the Network icon' is the bit you might assume only controls your wifi and speaker volume! :)

@red231981 

Hello,

You can download Desktop lighter, it's a freeware and lets you set your own keyboard shortcut for brightness adjustment.