Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

Copper Contributor

Since updating to Windows 11, I am not able to save any documents from Edge (or any other browser for that matter) or Outlook directly to the work server (network drive). I have to save the file locally to my computer first (I have been using the downloads folder) and then go into file explorer and copy-paste the document to the server.

If I want to save the file from Edge to the network drive using "save as" Edge puts out the message of "Microsoft Edge was unable to save this PDF file. Please try again later.". Interestingly enough if I save the file to my computer with the same file name as I wanted to save the file to the server (and receive the error message) then it won't let me copy-paste to the network drive. As it seems that, that filename already exists in that folder. I have to rename the file first and then copy-paste.

On Windows 10 we did not have this issue, therefore we had to revert back and could not update our PCs to Windows 11 as this issue makes our workflow a lot longer. We are working with lots of PDF files and Word files which is required to be saved from the browser or outlook directly to the network drive.

This issue came up on all devices that we have updated to Windows 11.

Anyone else facing this issue?

0 Replies