What kind of function has the reg key [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Printers\ConvertUserDevModesCount] ?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

do somebody know what function has the key
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Printers\ConvertUserDevModesCount] ?
In some clients we found there thousands of entries like
"\\\\CSR|PRINTSERVERNAME\\{370E422B-36F9-4EDF-92A3-BED9E3E0262F}"=dword:00000001
A normal user profile sometimes has also thousands of entries in this key.
What does this entries in the windows system? I haven't found anything relevant on the net.

Can we delete this key without a problem?

Maybe someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Bernd

3 Replies

Bernd did you ever figure this out? In my experience you can delete the keys, but I don't understand what process is creating them. Win 10 is very frustrating wrt printing with numerous issues!

Having that combined with served shared network printers per GPO, and they keep dublicating for the users.   someone who can Help... ? 

@Bernd_Kreuzinger Apparently deleting the entire key just gets recreated. No issues have appeared for our users.  What is frustrating is that we opened a premier ticket with microsoft, 118092919120606 and got no where.  This is the same printer bloat their terminal servers used to get.  It happens with all kinds of drivers...

All i know is, this is something to do with user based print server mapping.  this doesnt happen if you map the printer to a computer.