User Drive Mapping GPO Read but Not Applied by some Windows 10 users

Deleted
Not applicable

I have created a GPO under User Configuration - Preferences - Windows Settings - Drive Maps that maps a connection to my SharePoint Online document library targeting the list a list of users in an AD security group. The GPO is working for myself and one other person in my group. However for 2 others the drive is not showing up at all. 

I have done RSoP from the primary DC and from the user computer and both show the policy as being read and applied. However the drive does not show up. 

Besides RSop I have looked at

-Event Viewer no errors in regards to GPOs that I could find,

-check the permissions on the PC (we are in IT so we are all local admins on our PC)

-I have done a gpupdate and gpupdate /force.

The policy has also been in place for a couple days including a weekend so plenty of time to propagate and it has replicated to the secondary DC. It looks as though we are all picking up GPOs from the secondary controller.

Does any one have any idea why a GPO would apply to only some but not all targeted users? 

8 Replies
Check the drive letter is not in use on the 2 machines that are having the issue.

You could also try doing a gpresult on the affected machines. You might find the issue that way.

Ok. I did a gpresult and it shows the policy being applied. But no drive in the File Explorer window and none when entering net use on the command line. 

reg.JPGthis is what I see in the registry 

Are you able to upload the html report from gpresult?

Also are you able to manually map to the SharePoint site? I am just thinking it might be a permission issue and the two non working users don't have access.

You could also try getting one of the non working users to log in to a working pc to see if it works.

Hope that helps

Richard

Here is the GPResult from the user. It shows that the GPO - Drive Map is being applied. I will have to get the users to sign onto a laptop. I will try it as well to see if the mapping follows me.

Are you able to send a html version of the report. You can do this via CMD using the gpresult /h go.html command.

You can read more about that here https://pixelrobots.co.uk/2016/07/group-policy-troubleshooting-with-gpresult/

Thanks

Richard

Hi ,

any news? Did you manage to apply your GPO?

I have also this problem, and no solution for the moment.

Thank you

Gérald

@gerald2545 

No I was not able to. Then as with the nature of our business the priority on this dropped. For the folks that needed to be mapped to OneDrive as a drive letter, I just did it manually and showed my coworkers. The place I work at size-wise is not quite big enough where manual mapping isn't a viable option so I went with that as it is needed. 

Thanks Sir Nice Information . Also are you able to manually map to the SharePoint site? I am just thinking it might be a permission issue and the two non working users don't have access.