Taskbar 'which icons on/off' greyed out for system and taskbar in Windows 10 settings.

Copper Contributor

Help please. Taskbar "which icons on/off" icons greyed out for system and taskbar in Windows 10 settings. Trying to get volume control icon and others to appear in the notification area of the taskbar.

I have all the windows 10 updates, the machine passes all the Dell diagnostics, and the laptop has been cleaned of junk files with tweaks to the registry.

I've tried every fix method I could find in the last week. What might work are the DISM commands and attempted installation of AppXManifest.xml. The commands are stopped from running because of script blocks. Following isthe command and the error message. All help will be greatly appreciated. 

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"

Get-AppxPackage : Cannot evaluate parameter 'Publisher' because its argument is specified as a script block and there is no input. A script block cannot be evaluated without input.
At line:1 char:35
+ ... ers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (:) [Get-AppxPackage], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ScriptBlockArgumentNoInput,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetAppxPackage
Command}

Thanks so much. ~Ed

1 Reply

Update: Repaired the DISM command errors and ran them successfully. Still greyed-out system icons. Any ideas?

Settings.jpg

@Ed589