01-26-2019 06:48 AM
01-26-2019 06:48 AM
12-20-2019 10:06 AM
please try the following methods:
1. Disconnect multiple hard disks.
If you have more than one hard disk installed in your computer, disconnect all the of them(including external hard disk, USB key, memory card, etc) except the target hard disk where Windows 10 will be installed.
2. Disable your security utilities.
If you have any security program including Antivirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall utilities installed on your computer, please disable or even uninstall them.
3. Make sure you have enough disk space available.
4. Make sure you select the right partition during setup.
If you still encountered Windows 10 Redstone fail to upgrade problem after you did all the above things, you can try the following methods to fix the problem.
A member found out that Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 76% problem only occur to non-English locale. So you can try to change the system locale to English, run the update again, and change the locale back. Here's how to change the system locale.
1. Search for "region" and run it, it's a Control Panel settings.
2. There are 3 tabs, choose the "Administrative" tab.
3. There are 2 settings. The one in the bottom is "Language for non-Unicode programs". change "Current language for non-Unicode programs:" by using the button "Change system locale...", choose "English (United States)" before running build 11082 updates, and choose your preferred language.
4. Restart is required after changing system locale.
Probably the simplest solution for Windows 10 upgrade failure problem is running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. But I'm not sure how effective it is, so if it doesn't solve the problem, go and try some other solutions listed below.
1.Press "Windows + X" and select Control panel.
2. In the search box, type troubleshoot and open Troubleshooter.
3. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.
4. Wait for the wizard to complete the check and see if the problem is resolved
If none of the above solutions can help you to solve Windows 10 hangs on Redstone 11082 upgrading problem, you can try to delete Software Distribution folder. So, here's how to delete it safely:
1. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder and delete everything in it.
2. Now right click on the "Start Menu" button and open Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Enter the following command and press "Enter": exe/update now.
4. Go to Windows Update and check if the problem is solved.