Problem in initiation.

Copper Contributor

So I'm having a problem here. Everytime I initiate my laptop, every icon I organized on the desktop dissapears and only a few stay there. Also others changes I make on programs are left unchanged when I start the laptop again. Why is this happenin'? Can someone help me?

2 Replies

Hi @VidGuy20 

If your Windows 10 desktop icons are missing, there may be an issue with either your icon settings or your core Windows system. Issues like these often don’t have an apparent reason and that makes it difficult to troubleshoot them. However, for the desktop icons missing issue, there are a few standard fixes you can try and hopefully resolve the issue on your computer.

Use this link to ensure that the desktop Icons aren’t disabled: Show desktop icons in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You also want to check the settings for your desktop icons and ensure the ones you want are selected and enabled. If you’ve customized your icon settings, it might have caused your icons to disappear from your desktop. You can head into the Settings and configure the options there to fix the issue.

Right-click anywhere blank on your desktop and select the Personalize option

Select the Themes option from the left sidebar on your screen.

You’ll see an option for Desktop icon settings on the right-hand side pane. Click on it to open the settings menu.

The dialog screen lets you select and deselect the icons that you want to make visible on your desktop. Make your selection and click on Apply followed by OK.

Check Windows update and see anything is available there.
scan your computer with Windows security (Defender) or any other AV that you have installed.