Optiplex 7060 Win10 Freezes Randomly

Copper Contributor

I have an optiplex 7060 with a 970 evo plus nvme ssd. Everything is brand new. I had a new motherboard installed by Dell and the ssd is brand with with a fresh install of Windows 10. The system runs great except randomly it will lock up and I have to reboot to get it back. 

It might freeze while I am using it or sometimes when it is just sitting there it will freeze. There is no rhyme or reason.

I have been on google for days trying everything I could find and it is still freezing. I have downloaded the nvme drive and reinstalled, changed power settings, run dell diagnostics and still nothing.

I looked in the log events and the only error I see under application is perflib 1020.

When I click on it the description reads as follows:

"The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" Extensible Counter DLL for the "LSM" service. The given buffer size was 21352 and the required size was 34880."

OR

The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" Extensible Counter DLL for the "LSM" service. The given buffer size was 21464 and the required size was 33776.

Under System Log I get Event 41 Kernel Power

Any help will be eternally appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies

Hello @Grootamus

Suggest you to run System File Checker scan and see if it helps:

1. Search for 'command prompt' using Cortana or Windows Search.

2. From results, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

3. Type sfc /scannow command and press Enter key.

4. Let the command complete and then reboot the machine.

If issue still persists, perform clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Let us know if this helps!

@Grootamus 

Try run Windows Update and install all updates.

Did you installed any other program before this problem started?