Microsoft Sticky Notes - Sync Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi there, I have set up notes sync between two computers at home, using my wife's microsoft account. We do not have any sort of Office 365 subscription, so this is just-out-of-the-box Windows 10.

I have noticed some notes with lots of images (hundreds in a note) are not syncing all the images across.

I have the following error information from the App:

CorrelationVector: 2W/eRLgJ/E6kKZufCo2GZg.13

ServiceRequestId: f5485f82-cc74-4952-9c7d-6cee66549a7f

BackEndTarget: DM6PR15MB3194.namprd15.prod.outlook.com

AccountLogId: 9d493b4141273e43

Timestamp: 2021-02-02T22:41:22Z

I also want to mention that sending an email via the "feedback" link in the app just gives me a bounced message (something about not being on the approved senders list).

2 Replies

Hello @lmartinking,

Try re-registering Sticky Notes app. Perform these steps: 

1. Search for Windows PowerShell using Cortana or Windows Search. 

2. From results, right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator. 

3. Then type following command and press Enter key: 

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose} 

Let the command complete. 

4. Close Windows PowerShell and see if the issue is resolved now. 

Let us know if this helps!

@Kapil AryaThanks for your message. I ran the command, closed notes fully (using Task Manager), ran notes again, did a "Sync" (via the settings), but unfortunately the issue persists:

Output from Notes sync:

CorrelationVector: VSEpa/RzBUGMhvNUm73joQ.13
ServiceRequestId: 40c9eba2-02cd-4c09-93a3-cbc9af0b8a7f
BackEndTarget: DM6PR15MB3194.namprd15.prod.outlook.com
AccountLogId: 9d493b4141273e43
Timestamp: 2021-02-05T08:42:52Z

Output from PowerShell:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}                                          VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Register package" on target "C:\Program                                              Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.8.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppXManifest.xml".                          VERBOSE: Operation completed for: C:\Program                                                                            Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.8.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppXManifest.xml