SOLVED

Incorrect password and booting issues

Copper Contributor

I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.959

For a few months now, I have occasionally been getting incorrect password but password is correct. If I keep on trying I can get the system to boot. This morning, I had the same problem but system just will not stop saying 'incorrect password'. Then I clicked on switch user, clicked on the same user (not switched) and I got it to accept the password and it booted but I could not open anything. After 5 or so minutes it started switching between blank screen and startbar every 2 or 3 seconds.

Ctrl - Alt - Del > restart and it is working... Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Hello @prav216,

Try updating your password and boot into Safe Mode, see if issue still persists.

Else, you may refer this support article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-...

Select 'After signing in to Windows 10 I see a black or blank screen' option and proceed accordingly.

Hope this helps!

best response confirmed by Kapil Arya (MVP)
Solution

Thanks Kapil for your suggestion. I decided to update to build 2004 and at least for the time being the fault seems to have disappeared.

@Kapil Arya 

@prav216, Glad the issue is resolved! Thanks for update.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kapil Arya (MVP)
Solution

Thanks Kapil for your suggestion. I decided to update to build 2004 and at least for the time being the fault seems to have disappeared.

@Kapil Arya 

View solution in original post