Deleting Documents folders

Copper Contributor

Windows10 Home using OneDrive.   There are two "Documents" folders in my user profile, one in C:\ Users \ *me* \ and the other in C:\ Users \ *me* \ OneDrive.  

I am trying to have all of my document files sync to the cloud so to avoid confusion I would like to either rename or delete the Documents folder that is NOT in OneDrive.  Are any problems with either approach?

3 Replies
There is no big issue with this approach except that some applications would not load files that you select in applications as their file address was changed and you would have to open it manually outside application.

Hi@311battey 

if OneDrive is syncing your Documents folder in Windows 10, then you shouldn't have 2 Documents, at least not both having contents in them.

click on the "manage backup" button and make sure "Documents" is selected and syncing.

fdsfsdfsd.png

then move the files from here: "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents" to the Documents folder inside your OneDrive, which is being synced in Windows and replace any duplicates.

@TheShaunSaw 

Spoiler

@TheShaunSaw wrote:
There is no big issue with this approach except that some applications would not load files that you select in applications as their file address was changed and you would have to open it manually outside application.

OneDrive should automatically set the Documents folder inside itself as the main Documents folder in OS once the sync is enabled by the user.

if applications can't find their files then it's a big issue