SOLVED

curious on my disk management information, look at the disk 0 partition 1, is that is normal??

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Nawzil Najeeb (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hey,

Yes! It's normal all windows PC.
The EFI system partition (ESP) is a partition on a data storage device (usually a hard disk drive or solid-state drive) that is used by computers adhering to the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).

Usually, when you successfully install Windows OS on a GPT disk of your computer, an EFI system partition (ESP for short) will be created.

Note :
Can I delete the EFI System Partition?
Deleting EFI system partition will cause installed systems unbootable. So, EFI system partition is usually protected and locked by the Windows operating systems to prevent and avoid accidental deletion of these partitions. That's why you can't delete EFI partition using Disk Management tool.

Hope this can help. :)

Thanks
Gowrish
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nawzil Najeeb (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hey,

Yes! It's normal all windows PC.
The EFI system partition (ESP) is a partition on a data storage device (usually a hard disk drive or solid-state drive) that is used by computers adhering to the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).

Usually, when you successfully install Windows OS on a GPT disk of your computer, an EFI system partition (ESP for short) will be created.

Note :
Can I delete the EFI System Partition?
Deleting EFI system partition will cause installed systems unbootable. So, EFI system partition is usually protected and locked by the Windows operating systems to prevent and avoid accidental deletion of these partitions. That's why you can't delete EFI partition using Disk Management tool.

Hope this can help. :)

Thanks
Gowrish

View solution in original post