Create, Edit, and Share Diagrams in Your Browser Using Visio Online public preview

Microsoft

Starting today, you can create and edit Visio diagrams online and share them across your organization using Visio Online in public preview. To enable these new features, which are available to everyone for free during public preview, ask your IT administrator to enable public preview features in SharePoint Online.  Please visit our support page for more information.

Visio Online offers a rich set of shapes to help you create basic flowcharts, block diagrams, and more. You can easily change the size and color of each shape, add text labels, and use connectors to link shapes together - just what you need to create a professional diagram.

Build your diagrams online using rich Visio shapes.Build your diagrams online using rich Visio shapes.

There are a variety of options for creating diagrams in your preferred browser: You can build one from scratch - Click on new and Visio Online appears alongside Word, Excel, and other Office Online products in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, choose from an ever-growing catalogue of premade templates, or upload an existing Visio file. Visio Online also allows to you share your diagrams from within the app through SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business so that others can contribute to the creation and editing process. We've also included a "Give Feedback" button in the app for you to share your suggestions with us about Visio Online.

Create and edit diagrams in Visio Online from scratch, a template, or an existing Visio file.Create and edit diagrams in Visio Online from scratch, a template, or an existing Visio file.

Click here to know more about Visio Online.

We're constantly looking for ways to improve Visio and invite you to send us your ideas through our UserVoice site. For questions about Visio Online and other features, please email us at tellvisio@microsoft.com. Lastly, you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter for the latest Visio news.

-The Visio team

Frequently asked questions

Q. Is this public preview free?

A. Yes. You can use Visio Online's creation and editing capabilities for free until it is generally available (GA).

Q. Does my company need a Microsoft license to use Visio Online?

A. Yes. Since Visio Online relies on other Office 365 solutions-primarily, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Busines-your company will need an Office 365 subscription to use Visio Online during public preview. 

11 Replies

Hi Rishabh,

Great news on this feature!

is it already known which subscription is needed for this? E1, E3, E5?

Thanks, please give it a try and let us know what you think

Public Preview will work with all Office 365 subscription. 

@Rishabh Agrawal wrote:

Public Preview will work with all Office 365 subscription. 

I understand that part, it says so in the article.

I am more interested in the period after the preview phase. What license is needed then?

We are still finalizing the licensing for this product. We will be notifying about licensing as we approach end of preview phase.
Is this available in Government Community Cloud (GCC) tenants for State & Local Government customers, Law Enforcement, etc.?
If not, when? Thank you.

@Rishabh Agrawal 

Hello!  How do we enable this public preview option for our tenant.  I thought I saw you do this somewhere in Sharepoint, but I can't find the setting.

Thanks!

I too would like to know this, I was really looking forward to the July release.

@Rishabh Agrawal I would also love to know when/whether the free version will be available in the Netherlands.