SOLVED

New feature "Webinar" in TEAMS - switch of name of attendees

Brass Contributor

I saw at the Ignite the presentation about the new feature webinar. I am so excited and happy and can´t wait for it. 

But there is one essential question for me. Is it possible to switch of that the participant could see the personal informations of the other participants?

Only the organizer and presenter should be able to see the personal information like name, company....

This is really necessary for us. Otherwise we are not able to use this new feature and have to continue planning our webinars as an live event. 

27 Replies

Hello @SabineKet   I've asked one of our PMs to provide a response to your question.  In the meantime, you might be interested in reading this recap from Ignite: Microsoft Ignite Live Blog: Easy, intuitive webinars with Microsoft Teams (FS189) - Microsoft Tech C...

Hello @ThereseSolimeno , thank you for your quick answer.

So I will wait for the answer of the PM ;)

In the Ignite demonstration was a link displayed for more information about the webinar. But this link roots to an error page? Could you also please check whats wrong with site?

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

@SabineKet 

Actually, I just left a meeting where we discussed that that page is being updated.

I can also share that next Tuesday, March 9 from 9:00 - 10:00 am PST, there will be an AMA session about Virtual Events and Webinars: Announcing a Microsoft Teams AMA! - Microsoft Tech Community
You definitely will want to participate in that for real-time answers to your questions.

I am also interested in learning more. We currently use Webex, which allows attendees to remain anonymous to each other, but the Organizer/Presenters can view their names. I would really like to use Microsoft Teams Webinars, but if attendees aren't anonymous to each other, we cannot use this tool.

Hi @Brett Wilms  There are two versions of Teams: the meetings version and Live Events, which was originally intended for larger groups up to 10,000 (Teams meetings can host up to 1,000).  With Live Events, users are anonymous (no names, no videos) but can still ask questions in the Q&A window.  What are Microsoft Teams live events? - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Thank you, @ThereseSolimeno .  Last week Microsoft announced webinars, which allows for a largely attended, interactive experience, with registration and an attendance dashboard.  There is more information here. We are very interested in the benefits this webinar experience will bring, however there is no information on whether or not the attendees can be set as anonymous to each other.  We often hold webinars where we do not want other (potential) customers to know who is on the same meeting.  If this feature is not in place, we cannot use Microsoft Teams Webinars for external communications.

Yes - that´s the same reason why we are using Webex instead of TEAMS for our webinars :(

Hello @SabineKet and @Brett Wilms   You might be interested in joining tomorrow's "Ask Microsoft Anything" session on Virtual Events and Webinars, where the PMs on those features will be available to answer your questions directly. Details here: Microsoft Teams AMA - Microsoft Tech Community

@ThereseSolimeno  is there a timeframe for the availability of the Webinar? I produce a lot of Teams Live events that may want to use this feature instead.

Hi @Kevin_Temp  I don't know the exact date when the full webinar experience will be released, but according to the roadmap (see link below), looks like this month and next are the big release dates.  There will be more announcements in this discussion forum and on the Teams blog space.

Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

This discussion is set to solved but I cannot find a way to switch off attendee visibility from one another in Teams Webinar. Could be a deal-breaker for our company.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

Currently we do not provide a capability to hide the roster in a webinar. This is in our backlog for an upcoming release of webinars later this CY.

@Bryan Nyce can you provide an update or more specific date when the capability to hide the roster in a webinar will be released? It's really essential for webinars to provide this functionality. 

I do not have additional details to share at this time. The team is aware of the criticality of the ask, and we're working on it currently.

@Bryan Nyce Thank you for the response. Is it still in the backlog for the upcoming release of webinars later this CY?

@Bryan Nyceby chance has there been any update on this functionality?

This is being worked on by engineering, but isn't arriving until H1CY22.
Hi,

as we are switching in the whole Microsoft 365 environment (CRM / MARKETING AUTOMATION...) we are planning to move our webinars from GoTo Webinar to MS Teams.

At the moment we are also not able to use Teams webinar because of not hiding the participants. Is there an update for the roadmap this year? Will be amazing to have everything in one environment in combination with Marketing Automation and CRM :).
The team is continuing to work on this item and the latest timing is now H2CY22.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

Currently we do not provide a capability to hide the roster in a webinar. This is in our backlog for an upcoming release of webinars later this CY.

View solution in original post