SOLVED

Can't seem to get Universal Print Cloud Printers to automatically install via Intune Policy

Brass Contributor

I can't seem to figure out how to get my Universal Printers to install automatically anymore. When I first did this a few months ago, everything worked perfect. Now I can see the printers when I click 'Add printer', but they don't ever install automatically despite having setup the Settings Catalog -> Printer Provisioning policy in Intune. I currently have the print permissions set to allow anyone to install the Cloud Printer, but in Intune I have a specific user group targeted for automatic deployment. In Intune, I don't get any official errors, but it does say "not applicable." How would it not be applicable if I directly assign it to a group of users for deployment? This doesn't make any sense to me. Any help will be much appreciated.

(Note: I've verified that my test user has appropriate licensing)

4 Replies

Here's a screen shot of my config profile:

ahelton_kcl_0-1679073363247.png

best response confirmed by ahelton_kcl (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I figured it out! I was on 21H2 on my test device. Once I upgraded to 22H2 the printers installed instantly! I guess 21H2 does not support that particular Intune policy.

@ahelton_kcl Do you recall if your test device had the July 2022 KB5015807 update? This is what adds the Universal Print CSP support

It probably did not. I just know that once I upgraded to 22H2 it started working as expected.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ahelton_kcl (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I figured it out! I was on 21H2 on my test device. Once I upgraded to 22H2 the printers installed instantly! I guess 21H2 does not support that particular Intune policy.

View solution in original post