Use Deeplinking in Powerapps inside Teams to Navigate to another Screen in my Powerapp within teams

Deleted
Not applicable

I have made an app in powerapps used to generate a request that is accessed and approved by different departments in a company. The app posts an adaptive card in the relevant departments Teams channel through flow when a new request is made and . The adaptive card contains a Deeplink Url which re-directs the concerned user of the relevant department directly to the screen intended for them in my app so they can fill a form and submit. This is done using the param() function.

Now i have added this powerapp in teams in a tab in the departments channels and when the user clicks the url , instead of redirecting the user to the screen in my app within teams the url insteads switches to the browser. I know we can get urls to tabs or apps within teams, but i do not see how these urls can be used to forward my parameters which the deeplink url uses for redirection.

If anybody has clues how to achieve this and allow the user to view the desired screen in my powerapp while still in teams, would appreciate the help.

3 Replies

@Deleted , We are trying this internally and will get back to you.

@Deleted - Are you using subEntityId from the Tab Context to pass additional information to your Tab? 
Also, are you facing issue (Opening in browser) when user clicks on Adaptive Card open URL button? 

@Wajeed-MSFT 

@Wajeed-MSFT wrote:

@Deleted - Are you using subEntityId from the Tab Context to pass additional information to your Tab? 

No currently i am not using this as it is unclear to me still how to implement this with my powerapp. If you can share an example how to, i can try that out.

Also, are you facing issue (Opening in browser) when user clicks on Adaptive Card open URL button? 

i had not checked this before but after your reply i did, and so far i did not get any issue it navigated properly to my powerapp and the correct record opened as defined in the deeplink parameters.