Not allowing to browse Excel file by referring MS Team file links in angular web application

Copper Contributor

I have build angular web application and want to browse Excel file by referring MS Team file links. When we browse file link, open file dialog is not allowing to open the file location. Is this known issue? Is this not allowing because of security reason? Want to understand more details on why it is not working.

3 Replies

@VH_T1 - Could you please share some screenshot and documentation you are following and the repro steps
Thanks

@HunaidHanfee-MSFT Yes, below are steps - 

1. Used Copy link option available in the MS Team Channels Files tab 

VH_T1_0-1632455941178.png

2. In angular application, we are using input control of type "file" to browse the files

VH_T1_1-1632456261685.png

3. On browse button '...' click, open file dialog is shown to select the file

VH_T1_2-1632456451266.png

4. Paste the copied link (step 1) in the folder top bar , highlighted in below snap 

VH_T1_3-1632456624766.png

5. It prompts below warning (You can't open this location using this program.)  

VH_T1_4-1632456893410.png

I hope this will help you to understand the issue. Let me know if you need additional details

@VH_T1 - It is not possible, even if you try to access the file directly from File explorer it will not find it. You can't access file like this. That link belongs to SharePoint and you are trying to access from local system and it will not find it.

Please have a look at this Working with files in Microsoft Graph 

Thanks,

Hunaid Hanfee

-----------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.