SOLVED

Microsoft Teams bot not responding to custom messages

Copper Contributor

My friend and I have made a bot in Visual Studio using Teams Toolkit.

We've selected "Manually submit Teams app package file" which builds an "appPackage.dev.zip" file.
After that, we went to Teams app -> Apps -> Upload a customised app -> Upload for me or my team -> appPackage.dev.zip

This creates a bot that I can chat with, but he only responds to "welcome" and "learn" - which are default commands generated automatically. He doesn't respond to any of the custom commands we've implemented.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by DaniloMladenovic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DaniloMladenovic - Please refer to below sample: Microsoft-Teams-Samples/samples/app-hello-world/csharp at main · OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Samples (.... You can add your custom logic/code inside OnMessageActivityAsync method.

Thanks, 

Meghana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

@DaniloMladenovic - Could you please confirm if your issue has resolved with above suggestion or still looking for any help?
It did, I marked it as best response. Had some trouble with my account so I couldn't log in to do it previously.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DaniloMladenovic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DaniloMladenovic - Please refer to below sample: Microsoft-Teams-Samples/samples/app-hello-world/csharp at main · OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Samples (.... You can add your custom logic/code inside OnMessageActivityAsync method.

Thanks, 

Meghana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

View solution in original post