Embedding Microsoft Teams Web UI into another application

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are trying to integrate our web application with Microsoft Teams. We want to avoid MS-Teams API integration which requires us to build our own UI. Is it any-way possible to embed the MS Team Web UI into an iFrame of another web application?

Thanks.

11 Replies

@GirishL , Teams provide the Static , configurable Tabs which you can build inside teams app. These tabs can have HTML pages or web content which can be displayed inside teams, it uses microsoft teams client SDK to load the tabs in Teams. What is your scenario, Do you want to bring external app (with webpages) inside teams? if that is the case you need to have Teams Client SDK in your code and initialize the microsoftTeams library in your webpage. 

@Trinetra-MSFT Thanks for your reply. Our scenario is to initiate an MS Teams chat or group-chat within our application. We are aware that it can be done via Graph APIs however we want to avoid the need to create our own rich UI for chat functionality. We are looking to embed the MS Teams chat/group-chat screens inside our web application. However, it is not permitted due to 'X-Frame-Options' restrictions. We are not looking for Chatbot like functionality.

@GirishL,  Currently this is not possible to bring teams chat in external application. Teams has it's own UI for chat functionality You can utilize chat or create conversation Graph API in your application.

@Trinetra-MSFT Has there been any update on the issue discussed here? I'm also looking for similar solution where Teams UI can be integrated in our custom web app.

@Al-Aas 
Currently this is not possible. It's By-design. Microsoft will always focus on customer’s feedback and experience, some new features would be added to the services based on customers' feedback in the future, we also recommend you give your new idea in Teams UserVoice.

Hi there, you can use the Live Chat app in the Teams App Market by Social Intents to do this.  The chat plugin lets you deploy a website chat and then respond to your visitors right from within Microsoft Teams.  It's like other live chats out there except that it integrates tightly to Teams.

Here's a link to the app in the Teams App Store

Hey Team, do we have any update on this?
Have an embedded Teams experience in your single-page application UI?
Hey.
Is anything new known about this topic?
We have our website inside the company. Currently we use a third-party chatbot for communication between employees, but we would like to switch to Teams, but we don't want a desktop application, we just want to embed the chatbot itself with the possibility of online connections in an iframe (or something like that) in our website.
Is such functionality available?
If so, please direct me where I can find guidance on this topic.
If not then is such functionality anticipated in the future?
We have the same requirement for an HR app. Please allow embedding teams chat in an iframe.

@Jagadeesh-MSFT  @Trinetra-MSFT  , Hi i am also trying to achieve same functionality , do we have some way we can embed the Microsoft teams in our react app , i don't wanna go Graph api way . i want to use the teams app in some iframe .

The feature you're asking for isn't readily available, but there's a workaround. If you don't want to use the API to build your custom UI, you could consider using third-party applications that can embed a live chat widget on your website. One such app, which allows you to respond directly from Teams, can be found here.

I hope this helps!