surface laptop 3 screen cracked screen & how does microsoft support assist this issue

Copper Contributor

Dear all I'm collecting information about people that had experienced the screen of their laptop craked by themselves. It's a problem that Microsoft already reported as being a minor issue but it happened to me twice in 3 months!!! and I'm having lots of problems and costs with Microsoft because of the lack of quality of their products, in this case, surface laptop 3, not sure if Microsoft's Surface 4 has this problem fixed already or not... something I would like comment on also.

Trying to solve this issue with Microsoft I'm been having major problems with their support team. My computer is in the warranty period and I have the right for them to fix it because it's included in the warranty, however during the repair process I’ve experienced:

1- The first problem I had was with the packaging to send the computer to the assistance centre. Microsoft doesn't want the clients to send the computers in the original case, asking us to do our packaging, which I did. When the computer reached the destination the crack became a full damage screen that no longer is part of the warranty clauses and they made me pay more than 500 euros for the repair. However, after paying them, instead of repair they give me a second-hand computer that they told me was according to their quality check in the best conditions...

2-The second-hand computer that I received was looking in good conditions but when I start working in made a huge amount of noise that the previous one didn't have - new complaint, a new process for them to send a third computer - in the best conditions they told with quality check control ...

3- the third computer is the one I'm using now however it come also with a damaged keyboard with some lose keys ... because I didn't have the possibility of running all the process again I try to keep it and the F1 and F2 keys get lose from time to time ...

4- The big issue happen when after less than a month my screen cracked again ... and the solution from Microsoft is to run all the process again putting in me or in good the responsibility to send the computer to their assistance centre in Germany in normal ups mail that they provide (not for sensible material),  with my packaging and pray that it reaches the destination without craking more to have a free repair.... situation that I'm not accepting this time and that I invite all that are experiencing this issue to do the same !!!  The position of the Microsoft support team that I praised, in the beginning, become the worst attitude possible not responding to my questions and just giving me a solution that in the past made me pay for the repair at the end...

I need to know if there are similar cases in this forum to understand if my suspicions are accurate - At this moment I feel that this is a major problem of the surface devices and one way to solve it for Microsoft is to reduce the number of screens to repair by making clients pay by lack of packaging quality...

If it happened to me twice in 3 months it means that Microsoft is changing the screens for others with the same problem and has no solution for that, I'm curious if it also happens in laptop 4 ... that would be critical for a company like Microsoft!!!!

please comment on this email if you experience this issue ... because of this situation I have at least 3 open cases (nº SRX1524485181ID, SRX1520711835ID & nº SRX1521259784ID) with Microsoft and they reply to me with a typified e-mail answer that those who experienced this problem had received also and that I strongly don't recommend to follow the changing process they ask... 

0 Replies