We're pleased to share an update on the roll out status of the Windows 10 Team 2020 Update. Our last update shared in December can be found here.
With the start of a new year, we continue to hear from our customers that they are navigating hybrid work environments. While some companies around the world have begun their returns to the office, many are still working from home and other remote locations. From higher education to manufacturing, customers are relying on Surface Hub more than ever to stay connected and maintain business continuity. We feel a deep sense of responsibility to support our customers in this time, by providing a quality experience and ongoing transparency.
In this time of increased reliance on Surface Hub we have been laser focused on providing a high-quality rollout of the Windows 10 Team 2020 Update. We are continuously working with customers and partners and actively monitoring the deployment of the Windows 10 Team 2020 update globally.
As we look at the data, combined with the continuous efforts of our engineering teams to resolve known issues, we plan to continue the deployment of Windows 10 Team 2020 as detailed below.
Surface Hub 2S
- Windows Update will be available for U.S., Germany, and other global regions in late February 2021.
- Windows Update for Business is currently available globally and will remain available.
- Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) image is currently available for download and will remain available.
Surface Hub (first-generation)
- Windows Update will become available based on throttle regions for both 55” and 84” devices in late February 2021.
- Windows Update for Business will be available globally for both 55” and 84” devices beginning late February 2021.
- Surface Hub Recovery Tool (SHRT) with the Windows 10 Team 2020 image is currently available for download and will remain available.
Quality updates and fixes for known issues are expected to land for all devices during the same timeframe. Windows 10 Team, version 1703 (RS2) will remain supported through March 16, 2021. Please make sure to read the known issues list before updating your devices to Windows 10 Team 2020.