Built into Microsoft 365 Admin Center, the new Microsoft Hardware Support Portal* provides a centralized solution to self-serve Surface devices with the features like device warranty lookup, submitting device exchange orders and support requests.
Provides status of Surface device repairs order created by you on this platform, enabling you to track the delivery of any replacement devices. Access resources to help manage your devices, including troubleshooting, helpful tips, and the latest news from Microsoft Surface.
Warranty and Protection Plans
Add one or multiple devices at a time to view your current warranty and protection plans. Sort by coverage status, coverage type or device model. The Hardware Support Portal allows customers to check the coverage status of their Microsoft devices. Customers can also sort their devices by coverage status, coverage type or device model.
Customers can use the Hardware Support Portal to open service orders against their Surface devices. Simply input a serial number or upload a CSV file into the portal, check the coverage status of the device, select the relevant issue type associated with the device, choose the proper service type (exchange or repair), then submit the order. After an order is created, the customer can track open orders or review past repair orders for their devices. We recommend running the Surface Diagnostic for Toolkit for Business before submitting the service order. The users may identify and resolve some of the issues themselves.
To learn more, check out our training video.
- Access is currently limited to Global, Billing, and Service Support Admins. For information on how to add a user, refer to this tutorial deck.
- Surface Hub, Surface Studio and Surface PC accessories are not currently supported for exchange orders.
- Exchanged devices cannot be shipped to a different country other than the tenant origin.
- This Support Portal is for informational purposes only, is subject to change and should not be interpreted to be a commitment by Microsoft.
- Bulk Service orders are enabled only for Advanced Exchange1 with a limit of 20 serial numbers at a time.
The Surface hardware support portal will be available to customers who have active M365 Admin center access. The experience is currently enabled for 32 countries (US, EMEA, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada).
To access: First sign in to the M365 Admin Center and then register yourself to use the platform.
*This Support Portal is for informational purposes only, is subject to change and should not be interpreted to be a commitment by Microsoft.
1. Advanced Exchange Service is available at no additional charge with Surface Pro 7 for Business, Surface Pro X for Business, Surface Laptop 3 for Business, Surface Pro 6 for Business, and Surface Laptop 2 for Business. Only available in supported markets. Restrictions apply. See Surface for Business warranty page for AES terms and conditions and list of supported markets.