Surface Hub 2 - Problem with Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi We have been the surface hub 2 with Microsoft Teams for 2 months and it can't load the MS Teams suddenly in the afternoon. Thought there is files corruption after using it a day ago. Therefore, had done the factory reset and still unable to resolves the issues. Unable to find much resources online pertaining to this problem. The MS teams screen just show as blank black screen (sames for after click join the meeting, or launched the apps manually). By the way we are using local AD and sync with Azure AD. Any suggestion on how to resolve this as we are going to used in Tuesday. 

surface-team.jpg 

Thanks.

31 Replies

@Cezar Cretu are there any updates on this topic?

We setup a CA policy last year to block basic auth for EXO/SPO for the 'Other clients' category (so older Office clients, POP, SMTP, IMAP,etc..) and even though the Surface Hub device accounts are subject to this CA, they are all still working.

On the other hand, when I look in the sign-in logs I see lots of failures from those accounts to Office 365 Exchange Online using 'other clients' but also a lot of successful logins using Exchange ActiveSync (user agent BAV2ROPC).

What is the current Microsoft recommendation for Surface Hub and MTR devices? Exclude them from all CA policies which block anything that does basic auth?

Maybe you need to look at this as a Hybrid Deployment Please take a look at this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-hub/hybrid-deployment-surface-hub-device-accounts

@Tee Meng Jonathan Koh Hi...just wondering if there had been any progress on this? I am wanting to use my Surface Hub 1 to teach my classes and Teams just sits there with a blank screen. I am on a network with my school district and want to find out more info to take to our IT Department.

Is this issue still on-going?

@NaraeB As far as I know the issue is still there.  However, you can now install Windows 10 Enterprise on the Surface 2s which is what I have done and this OS has no issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-hub/surface-hub-2s-migrate-os

@alankinane485 , I think it's also fixed in the latest big update of Windows 10 Team Edition (the native version running on Hubs) that was scheduled to be released in October but not 100% sure it's rolled out everywhere yet.

With us being back in lockdown I have not been in the office for over a month :)

Hi @Cezar Cretu ,

I have a related but different issue.

I am trialling a new Hub 2S. I have created a resource account. It works, but I am prompted for MFA for the resource account for every login. This is despite the policy excluding the IP address and the account itself.

Any ideas?

Tim.

Hi Tim, when I face something similar I check the AzureAD sign in log details for that account. It will tell you which conditional access policy you're hitting and you can go from there.
Cheers
Hi Cezar,
I will like to know how this is resolved as i have a MS surface hub 2S and i have same issue with same.
Kindly assist.

Hello @Amobi_N,

You might get the same behavior for different reasons like incorrect account configuration, Conditional Access, MFA, network and so on. If your account is hosted online, you should be able to search for the user and select Sign-Ins and then check the sign-in error. 

If you still need help, I recommend you open a support request and we can help

Best regards,

Cezar

Hey Cezar

I’m just checking in its been over a year since I see people have started to have this issue were teams don’t load.

any updates or fixes I haven’t found any myself we are still able to use teams on the web but once we start teams from the app it says “something went wrong” and closes and try’s to re-open  but fails every time after that ive even factory reset it and still comes up with the same issue.

It has all the windows updates .

thank you .

@Cezar Cretu 

Hello @Guzm0Apex,

This isn't an issue with the app itself but a sign-in issue which could be caused by different reasons. Make sure the device is fully updated and if you still have this issue, check the sign-in logs in Azure AD for any Conditional Access policies blocking the sign-in. 

If you still have issues, please open a support case

Thank you,

Cezar