Version 17.6 of the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server has been released. Version 17.6.1 brings numerous new features and fixes to the driver.
- Support Managed Identity authentication against Azure Key Vault when using Always Encrypted
- Support ADFS with Azure Active Directory authentication on Linux and macOS
- Support Azure Active Directory Integrated authentication on Linux and macOS
- Added metadata caching for prepared statements to improve performance
- Send Server Name Indication during the TLS handshake
- New SQL_COPT_SS_AUTOBEGINTXN connection attribute to control whether automatic BEGIN TRANSACTION happens after ROLLBACK or COMMIT
- Support for Ubuntu 20.04
- Fixed a hang when a timeout occurred during an asynchronous notification operation
- Fixed driver reference count upon upgrade in Alpine Linux
- Fixed libc6 dependency version for Ubuntu
- Added missing defines to Linux/macOS msodbcsql.h
- Fixed a collation issue with variant types when using bcp
- Fixed an error when authenticating with a federated account requiring a Conditional Access policy (Windows)
For Windows installations, you can directly download the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server.
Linux and macOS packages are also available. For installation details see the online instructions.
We are committed to improving quality and bringing more feature support for connecting to SQL Server Azure SQL Database Azure Synapse Analytics, and Azure SQL Managed Instance through regular driver releases. We invite you to explore the latest the Microsoft Data Platform has to offer via a trial of Microsoft Azure SQL Database or by evaluating Microsoft SQL Server.