Version 12.2 of the Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server has been released. Version 12.2.0 brings several added features, changes, and fixed issues over the previous production release.
- Updated to dynamically check for ExtendedSocketOption class
- Upgraded dependency versions
- Consolidated release files into .jre8 for Java 8 and .jre11 for Java 11 and up
- Fixed BigDecimal Precision/Scale issue
- Fixed NULL state and 0 error code for SQL exceptions
- Fixed incorrect updateCount
- Fixed Azure Active Directory user name cache matching to be case insensitive
- Fixed concurrency issues in encrypt/decrypt obfuscation methods for truststore password
- Fixed Idle Connection recovery so that unprocessedResponseCount isn't over decremented
- Fixed race condition connecting to the wrong SQLServer host in configurable IPv6
Getting the latest release
The latest bits are available to download from Microsoft, from the GitHub repository, and via Maven Central.
Add the JDBC 12.2 RTW driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project (choose .jre8 for Java 8/1.8 or .jre11 for Java 11 and up).
Help us improve the JDBC Driver by taking our survey, filing issues on GitHub or contributing to the project.
Please also check out our tutorials
to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.