iPhone rings when receiving an attachment on Skype

Copper Contributor

Hi,

A strange one which I can't find any info on when doing a Google search.....

I'm a user of Skype For Business(SFB). All was working well until around 2 weeks ago. When a colleague sends me any form of attachment via SFB, SFB on my iPhone then starts ringing. It shows on my iPhone that the person who's trying to send an attachment is trying to call me. If i try to answer the call it sits on connecting and doesn't do anything which i guess is expected as the colleague never initiated a phone call. The attachments sent are received fine on my laptop.

On my laptop i'm using O365 SFB. V 16.0.13231.20372

iPhone XR - SFB V 6.27.0.1

Thanks,

Nick

17 Replies

Yes, my organization has the same problem. Started happening approximately 2 weeks ago.

We are using Skype for Business Online. My org migrated from on-premise Skype to Online approximately 6 months ago. No idea if that is relevant or not.

We have Teams/Skype co-existence mode set to 'Islands'. Again, no idea if that is relevant or not.

@NickChester 

We have the same issue on our on-premise Skype for Business environment.

Also using iPhones. No Android phones have reporting it (yet).

Issue started after installing the latest Cumulative Update.

(Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update 11 Hotfix 1 (KB 3061064) - July 14, 2020)

Kind regards,

Mark

EDIT 20-11-2020:

I see there was an update 2 weeks ago on the SfB app on the iPhone. Also related to "bug fixes" and "notifications". We haven't seen the issue yet with android phones, so maybe it is Apple related.

Same problem. Was either ios 14 or the last skype for business app update 6.27.0

@NickChester 

Same problem with 6.0.9319.562 Aug 2019 (CU10 HF1)

ios14 - APP version 6.27.0.1 -> Ko
ios12 - APP version 6.26.2.0009 -> Ok

ios12 - APP version 6.27.0.1 -> Ko

Last release 6.27.0.1 have a bug....

@EMAR25 

So it seems to be an issue with the latest version of the app then.

Unlike some other apps, I couldn't find a way to report this directly to MS. Hopefully someone at MS will come across this feed and work on a bug fix?

@EMAR25 

Great! Please let me know when you got an update on your ticket.

Spoiler

@markje678 

So you're saying that Support advise is to roll out a CU for a Buggy client version they released? Jeeeesus...
Can you confirm that fixes it?
I’m not on prem. I’m running from their cloud and have the issue. Maybe they can run this update. :)

@bezibaerchen Not before next week... (or more)

@EMAR25 

I think this won't fix the issue. This fix will fix ringing on iOS13. But the problem isn't ringing. It rings, that's the problem ;-). And in this forum thread you see that there are multiple environments with the same issue. It must be something in the push notifications back-end for the iphones.

Hi All,
any update?
I also have this issue.
I tried to update my skype on-premiss to the latest CU.

Hi @EMAR25,

Did MS provide an update? We're still experiencing this annoying little bug.

@markje678 

We have the Bug in a S4B 2019 OnPrem environment that User A is sharing his desktop with User B. Immediately after sharing desktop the S4B IOS App starts ringing on User B's iPhone.

Stopping sharing and doing the same the other way (User B shares his desktop) then User A gets this "call" - it is no call actually. It can be declined and will stop after about 30 seconds.

Skype IOS Version   6.27.1.6        Appstore   6.27.1                  IOS 14.3

Skype 2019 Servers have latest Update CU4HF1 from November 2020.

anyone else having this behaviour?

@NickChester 

Hi, seeing the same issues here. SFB 2015 Server, latest CU. Skype for Business App on IOS rings, after receiving a chat message. Still no fix from Microsoft yet...

Still an issue 5 months on. Any reply from MS?

Pretty irritating bug!