Want to automate email population when specific list item details updated

Copper Contributor

I've created trackers using SharePoint lists. I want to be able to automate the population of emails to specific people to include specific column details from a SP list item to send at times when a specific column's drop down selection changes to a specific selection, or when certain fields are populated for the first time.

Is this possible? If so, how do I do that? I've looked through the Alerts and Workflow instructions and it is all way too basic to meet my needs because it only sends an alert when anything in the item is updated, not when specific updates are made. Also, neither seems to auto populate the email with specific details pulled from the list item that is being updated.

I don't know if this is possible, or if I maybe need another program or plug-in to work with it. I'm sure I can get my IT to give me permission to download and use additional programs or plug-ins, but I don't know what I need right now or if my vision is even possible.

I think we are using SharePoint 2016, but I am not sure how to confirm that. Looking for help from anyone who has successfully put something like this together! Thanks!

0 Replies