SharePoint Outlook Error 0x80070005

Copper Contributor

Hello. We are having a strange issue and after spending a few days redoing settings, machines, trying google fixes, we need some help from the community! 

We have a company shared calendar and we would always go to the SharePoint Site and "Connect to Outlook". When we add this calendar it loads but when doing the next send/receive we get error: Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x80070005): You do not have permission to view this SharePoint List. 

I have triple checked the permissions and ran countless tests and that does not appear to be the problem. I also get the same issue with a new calendar, (created to test). When we access the calendar directly on SharePoint everything works as intended but we need it in Outlook. 

Any suggestions or should I look at creating a group shared calendar instead inside of Outlook itself. 

Thanks! 

1 Reply

@rb23x 

Hello 
rb23x,

If you've a Microsoft SharePoint Online list or library previously configured to sync data with Microsoft Outlook via the Connect to Outlook feature. Thus, the SharePoint 0x80070005 error appears when Outlook tries to sync the list.

• First, ensure that your Office 365 services (OneDrive and SharePoint) are listed under the Connected Services on the Office Account page. 
  • If not listed, you can click Add a service Storage > Office 365 SharePoint to add.

Next, you must try the below steps to see the result:

• In Outlook, click File Account Settings. On the Account Settings page, click the Data Files tab, select SharePoint Lists and click Remove.
  • Now, In the SharePoint Lists tab, remove the problematic calendar lists.
  • Then, close Outlook and navigate to the following path to delete all SharePoint list files.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Lastly, launch Outlook and add the calendar lists to Outlook again.

Reconnect the SharePoint Online list or library to Outlook:

• Firstly, browse the SharePoint Online list that you want to reconnect to Outlook.
  • Then, on the SharePoint Online ribbon for the list, click Connect to Outlook in the Connect & Export section.
  • Now, click Allow when you're prompted to open a program on your computer.
  • Lastly, confirm the operation, and click Yes.

I hope the above ways help you to fix the "SharePoint Outlook 0x80070005 Error. However, if the issue persists, you can update it here.

---------------------

Regards,

Austin_M