SharePoint Migrator Tool Issue

Copper Contributor
SharePoint Migration Tool error - File count '100882' is too large to create index

Hi Team,

I am doing migration from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online. I am Migrating only specific library which has more than 200K documents, we have increased threshold limit to 250K.

While migrating in between I am getting too large to create index scan issue.

Could you please help here to migrate large list. Is there any better way we can do with the tool?

7 Replies
Hi,
I believe the problem is due to the number of documents you want to migrate and the fact the SharePoint Migration Tool is not allowing to migrate more than 100 K documents to a single document library. I know in commercial tools that limitation does not exist, but it does in fact in the SharePoint Migration Tool

@Juan Carlos González Martín Appreciated your response. Do we have any official documentation regarding 100K limitation.

Is there a workaround to migrate 200K documents?

Looking forward for your answer

@sandeep520 

it seems very strange to me, I've uploaded a list with 800000 elements, while another library with less elements gave the same error. Does anyone knows about support options from Microsoft for the tool?

thanks

@sandeep520 

I've got in touch with microsoft that confirm that this message could be considered a warning.

I can still go on with the migration: in my case if I ignore the metadata the items get uploaded fine (or at least I wish).

Always with the support we figured out that some lists are missing since are defined on the parent site and we should import explicitly with a json bulk import

@Andrea Dal Farra this same issue but the migration just stalls at 19% with the error that file number is too large for indexing. Did yours actually go through the migration but just showed an error? Mine won't even complete!

@Michal777 

Yes, that was just a warning