SharePoint Header remove or hide from users

Copper Contributor

Hi 

I am creating a Communication site on our company SharePoint so our company effectively has an intranet. What I want to know with the new setup is can you take the SharePoint banner out of view. I want the users purely to see the Comms site I set up. Can you hide or remove the section in the image below. Also as an admin is it possible to preview what basic users would see?

Images attached.

Kind regards

Rob

3 Replies

@rredford no, the Office 365 banner at the top (which runs across all Office 365 apps) cannot be removed as far as I am aware.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Any way to mask it with some CSS or anything?

Cheers

Rob

@rredford This is not possible using SharePoint out of the box functionality.

Also, it is not recommended by Microsoft to remove the Office 365 banner. You will loose App launcher at the left, search box, site settings (gear icon) & profile settings.

Also, if you want to hide it using CSS, you have to inject the custom CSS on modern pages using SPFx Application customizer. See below post for more information about this:

What is the best practice for getting JS and CSS files into a SharePoint Modern Page? 

You can use the custom CSS something like:

div#SuiteNavWrapper {
    display: none !important;
}

Note: DOM manipulation & CSS customizations are not recommended by Microsoft and some of your customization may break if Microsoft changes HTML element id/classes in new release updates.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.