SOLVED

Problems displaying site content

Copper Contributor

Good day everyone.

There was a display issue after the last update.

that is, upon opening, for example:

SitePages/Forms/ByAuthor.aspx

Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx

_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx

the opened page is empty

Perhaps someone faced a similar situation and can tell what caused it and how to fix it?

14 Replies

I will add screenshots:

11.jpg

333.jpg

The content and structure of the site contains the "Documents" directory, but when you try to open the link https://my_domain.com/purchasing/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx a blank page is displayed. 

A blank page is also displayed when clicking on the "site content" link

https://my_domain.com/purchasing/_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx

Sharepoint server 2019.

@Sergey_Lelekov 

after the installtion of cu 07-2021 KB 5001975 - Sharepoint 2019 on prem I have also the same problem

SharePoint 2019 July 2021 CU Build Number:

Language independent fix: 16.0.10376.20001
Language dependent fix: 16.0.10376.20001

@Sergey_Lelekov , even i am also facing the same issue, is there a way to uninstall the Security Patch update KB5001975, i think that is causing the problem, please suggest.

i posted the same here SharePoint2019 Blank White Screen 

best response confirmed by Sergey_Lelekov (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sergey_Lelekov , I fixed by installing the patch KB5001974 need to be installed along with the KB5001975 

@anandpeculiar 

Thank you. The problem is resolved.

Thanks
Thank you
I have this problem too after automatically installing July update for SharePoint 2019 core.

@Sergey_Lelekov - A big thank you for your post.  While the problem resolved by @anandpeculiar also solved my issue, the problem first manifested in a different way in our SharePoint Farm. 

Please forgive the length of the reply but I'm hoping it may further help others encountering the same problem.

In our environment the problem first appeared with a variety of Display Template related error messages similar to these two samples:

"The display template had an error. You can correct it by fixing the template or by changing the display template used in either the Web Part properties or Result Types. Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined (CoreRender: ~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_CommonItem_Body.js)"

"The display template had an error. You can correct it by fixing the template or by changing the display template used in either the Web Part properties or Result Types. No included language files were loaded for locale (en-us) or the site's default language (en-us) for string ID (rf_RefinementAriaLabel_More). Please make sure you include the string IDs required by this Web Part in a language file that your Display Template references in the Site Collection Master Page Gallery. (LoadResource: )"

I eventually stumbled on to your post because I happened to notice the same occurrence of blank site management pages in our SharePoint Farm, too. @anandpeculiar's advice to install KB5001974 was the fix we needed.

Further digging led me to this blog announcing the July 2021 CU for SharePoint Server 2019. The blog states "Important: It is required to install both fixes [KB5001974 & KB5001975] (language dependent and independent) to fully patch a SharePoint server. This applies also to servers which do not have language packs installed. The reason is that each SharePoint installation includes a language dependent component together with a language independent component. If additional language packs are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again."

In our environment, the update service only applied KB5001975 but ignored the critical fact that KB5001974 should have been installed too!

Hope this helps others!!

Thanks! Installing KB5001974 resolved my issues as well!

I am having this problem but the above KB's are no longer relevant on our box. We only installed two KB's and it is now a blank site.

KB5003279 SP3 SQL Server Browser

KB5002028 Sec update for Sharepoint 2019 core.

Server is a 2016 Datacenter box. 

@ruttrowg, if you read the full text describing KB5002028 that you installed, which I highly recommend when you install any KB update for SharePoint, you may find you also have to install another KB to fully complete the update.  I've kindly copied the text I found in the KB link above so you can see it has a requirement in your KB similar to the requirement from my original situation.  Namely, the following excerpt:

This update also contains fixes for the following issues. To fix these issues completely, you have to install KB 5002034 together with this update [KB5002028]. [Issues fixed by installing BOTH KB's include:]

• Fixes an issue in which a "No UI" error message is displayed if SharePoint group members can't share a modern team site.

• Fixes an issue in which creating an office file in the root folder doesn't start the client application even if the document library is set to OpenInClient. 

• Fixes an issue in which you can't access the News.aspx page after you install the August update for SharePoint Server. 

• Fixes an issue in which the modified timestamp doesn't refresh after you upload a duplicate file and select to overwrite an existing file in the modern UI. 

• Fixes an issue in which the uploaded messages are not correct when you upload duplicate files in the modern UI. 

• Fixes an issue in which the elements that have an Aria role that require parent roles aren’t contained by them if the document library view is set to Tiles view. 

The thing I learned from my situation that you must check if issues arise after installing a SharePoint update is this...does the text of the KB require you to install OTHER KB's for the update to be fully completed?

If installing KB5002034 doesn't resolve the issue you'll need to keep digging.

Hope that Helps,

Ron

@Martinro73 Thanks for the information. That looks like the case we are having. I will try it once I get a window to work on server, and report back.

This worked great. Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sergey_Lelekov (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sergey_Lelekov , I fixed by installing the patch KB5001974 need to be installed along with the KB5001975 

View solution in original post