Fileserver to Onedrive Migration - SharePoint Migration tool

Copper Contributor

I'm stumped. Using the SharePoint Migration Tool, I added 23 User folders from their fileserver to migrate to the user's OneDrive. I populated the OneDrive links by going into the Admin portal > Clicked on the user's account > Clicked on the OneDrive tab in the fly panel > Clicked on "Create link to OneDrive". Then I created a csv following the proper template.. 

Column A: Source user folder

Column B: Blank

Column C: Blank

Column D: Destination OneDrive Link

Column E: Folder Name of where the data should populate

I ran this through the Sharepoint Migration tool (Both Global admin and Domain admin are signed in) and the tool accepted and verified all of the paths. 

The migrations ran successfully with very minimal migration failures. 
I checked multiple user's OneDrive and the data's not there. I compared what was supposed to migrate and searched out for some of the documents and nothing came up. Odd... 

I reviewed the reports, checked the file paths again. Everything checks out. 

I'll check back in 24-hours or so. My thoughts are that the data is stuck in the Azure blob storage and going to populate down in time. However I've never come across this issue before and the data I'm migrating less than 5 GB per user folder. 

Has anybody had this issue in the past? 

Thank you! 

1 Reply

@Carrielb 

It's possible that the migration process is still ongoing and the files are still being transferred to OneDrive. However, it's also possible that there was an error during the migration process that prevented the files from being successfully transferred.

Here are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the migration logs: The SharePoint Migration Tool generates migration logs that can provide more details about the migration process, including any errors or issues encountered during the migration. Review the logs to see if there were any errors or issues with the migration.

2. Check the OneDrive recycle bin: If the migration was successful, but you can't find the files in the user's OneDrive, check the OneDrive recycle bin to see if the files were accidentally deleted. If the files are in the recycle bin, you can restore them to their original location.

3. Check the destination folder path: Double-check the destination folder path to make sure it's correct. Make sure that the folder exists in the user's OneDrive and that the path is correct.

4. Check the file types: Check to make sure that the file types you are migrating are supported by OneDrive. Some file types, such as .pst files, are not supported.

5. Check the file size: Make sure that the file size is within the limits of OneDrive. If the file size exceeds the limit, it will not be migrated.

If you are still unable to locate the migrated files, you may need to rerun the migration process or contact Microsoft Support for further assistance.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved
If you like my response, please give it a like