Building a SharePoint Engagement Metrics report / dashboard

Copper Contributor

I'm looking into building a SharePoint Engagement Metrics report. 

I understand that SharePoint provides some basic analytics but this view does not offer user granularity. 

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/my-sharepoint-site/_layouts/15/siteanalytics.aspx?view=19 

I'm looking into using the Office 365 Unified Audit Logs, specifically the 'ViewedPage' SharePoint activity. 

Is this the right approach for this? Is there a better option, if so what are those options? Please advise.

5 Replies

hi@dataninja ,

Having the same challenge here, I've been using 2 things to get my data.. Google Analytics for a deep dive into the most used tenant communication sites and Microsoft O365 Usage Analytics report. 

This has been the only way to get the data we need to help or our content owners to drive the right decisions in regards to how the content is being used.  

Hope this helps some, 

Aldina 

Hi, also looking to do this. Did you find a solution?

Hi @Martina_Hawkins ,

No I have not.. Microsoft keeps recommending 3rd party vendors to get that type of slightly more detailed view .. Doesn't make any sense specially when we own the data and have it in our tenant...buuhh

Yes, I have looked at a few and they are expensive. The data is there that we need. I just don't know how to get to it. Have done a lot of searching for documentation but haven't found anything clear.