SOLVED

POL: Having a 2nd PM...

Brass Contributor

Hi team

Is it possible for a project in POL to have a 2nd PM, i.e. can update and edit the schedule and project information page. And if so how can it be set up.  I appreciate that only one of them can access the data.

Many thanks 

James 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Jamesp435 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
James -- There is no direct way to set a second Owner of the project, but there is an indirect method. Navigate to the Project Center page in PWA and then click the white row header at the far left end of the project row for the project in question. This action will highlight the entire task row. In the Projects ribbon, click the Permissions button. On the Project Permissions page, click the New button. On the Edit Project Permissions page, select the name of the second project manager and add him/her to the Users and Groups with Permissions list. Then select all of the checkboxes in the Permissions section of the page. Click the Save button to complete the special permissions process. The second PM will now have permission to open, edit, save, and publish the project schedule. Hope this helps.

@Dale Howard 

Nice one Dale.  It worked a treat.

James 

James -- You are more than welcome for the help, my friend. If my response solved your problem, would you kindly mark it as the best response? Thanks!
I thought I had Dale. Can you look again and confirm please. If not I'll check with the organisers of this site. Cheers.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jamesp435 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
James -- There is no direct way to set a second Owner of the project, but there is an indirect method. Navigate to the Project Center page in PWA and then click the white row header at the far left end of the project row for the project in question. This action will highlight the entire task row. In the Projects ribbon, click the Permissions button. On the Project Permissions page, click the New button. On the Edit Project Permissions page, select the name of the second project manager and add him/her to the Users and Groups with Permissions list. Then select all of the checkboxes in the Permissions section of the page. Click the Save button to complete the special permissions process. The second PM will now have permission to open, edit, save, and publish the project schedule. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post