Notifications for new projects - How to disable?

Copper Contributor

Ever single project created in a MS Teams generates a notification for everyone that is part of the team. This is not necessarily required and should have an option to disable this function.

3 Replies
Same complaint. A notification is sent out to every team/channel member every single time any new Project is created, as soon as it's created. I don't understand why Microsoft would ever add this feature. It needs to be disabled or removed permanently. There will literally never be a scenario in which I want every team member notified as soon as a new project is created.
marcodebona --

Each user can disable notifications by navigating to the Project Home page and then clicking the Settings Menu button (it looks like a gear wheel) in the upper right corner of the page. On the Settings menu, click the Notifications button. In the Notifications dialog, deselect both of the checkboxes and then click the Save button.

As the software currently exists, there is no way for project managers to disable the Notifications options for all of their team members. Hope this helps.
This issue still exists - we need at least a checkbox to tick off the mail notification before adding a project to a group (similar to the SharePoint file permissions dialogue). We have groups of over 3000 people and I really don't want all of them to know we're launching a new project.