SOLVED

New PWA site metadata error

Copper Contributor

When trying to use the PowerBi data pack for PWA I received the following error:

OData: The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid. Error

I then  tried to verify if the metadata for the PWA site was actually good, but when I entered the URL [//https://<My Site>/<PWA>/_api/ProjectData/$metadata] it doesn't return any information and gives the following error message:

An IEdmModel instance was found that failed validation

Anybody knows what is the problem and how I can fix it?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by mhugo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @mhugo ,

As the metadata is view is failing it could be a configuration issue - potentially a duplicate property as described here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/project-support-blog/project-online-and-odata-amp-8211-reserv...

Do you know which endpoint is failing in the Power BI report pack?

Paul

@mhugo 

I am using a workflow to create a project in project server 2013. This seems like a fairly common operation, but I need to set a few pieces of information when I create the project that are not available in the constructor.

Process Outline

for my own purposes I am using Chrome app DHC for creating these requests.

I use headers:

Accept:       application/json;odata=verbose
  Content-Type: application/json;odata=verbose
  1. get the Context (X-RequestDigest):

dev1projects/PWA/_api/contextinfo [POST empty body]
  2. Pick a Project:

dev1projects/PWA/_api/ProjectServer/Projects?$Top=1
    [GET]
  3. Check out the project:

dev1projects/PWA/_api/ProjectServer/Projects('theguidi-just-pick-from-theprojectabove')/checkOut()
    //Add Header X-RequestDigest:0xTheStringFromTheContextQuery(d/GetContextWebInformation/FormDigestValue)
    [POST empty body]
  4. Update the Draft item:

dev1projects/PWA/_api/ProjectServer/Projects('projectid')/Draft/update()
    //Add Header X-RequestDigest:0xTheStringFromTheContextQuery(d/GetContextWebInformation/FormDigestValue)
    [POST]
    {"__metadata":{"type":"PS.DraftProject"},"Name":"Test 679"}
  5. Check In the Draft:

dev1projects/PWA/_api/ProjectServer/Projects('theguidi-just-pick-from-theprojectabove')/Draft/checkIn()
    [POST empty body]
Thanks Paul! After a lot of troubleshooting, I found that we had a custom field called "Project#" - when I changed that to "Project Number" it resolved the issue!

Much appreciated.

Great to hear that you have this sorted @mhugo 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mhugo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @mhugo ,

As the metadata is view is failing it could be a configuration issue - potentially a duplicate property as described here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/project-support-blog/project-online-and-odata-amp-8211-reserv...

Do you know which endpoint is failing in the Power BI report pack?

Paul

View solution in original post