SOLVED

My calendar keeps returning to working hours of 08:00h to 17:00h even after I set it to 24h?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am new to use MS Project and started doing a trial planning of my daughter's daily routine. I came across an issue of starting her day at 07:00h because it becomes not possible for me to set the calendar to the "24 hours" range. The below image explains my problem better I hope:

Udhaya_K_0-1675369770182.png

How can I get rid of this issue? TIA.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Udhaya_K (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Udhaya_K,

Yeah it can be really confusing for new users of Project.

First, are you really sure you want to use a 24 hour calendar? If so, you do not need to open the Change Working Time window. First, I suggest you go to, File > Options > General group and select a Date Format that includes the time. Then go to, Project > Properties group > Project Information and select "24 hours" as the project calendar. By default the Project Start date always starts at 8:00 am but you can change that to any time you like by editing the Start date time.

2023-02-02_15-08-43.png

I should also add that if you want to show the Gantt display with a 24 hour calendar, double click anywhere in the header of the timescale to bring up the Timescale window. In that window select the "non-working time" tab and then select the 24 hour calendar.

2023-02-02_15-22-14.png

Hope this helps.

John

Excellent, works like a charm, @John-project :

Udhaya_K_0-1675376779192.png

Thanks a ton!

Udhaya_K,
You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.
John
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Udhaya_K (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Udhaya_K,

Yeah it can be really confusing for new users of Project.

First, are you really sure you want to use a 24 hour calendar? If so, you do not need to open the Change Working Time window. First, I suggest you go to, File > Options > General group and select a Date Format that includes the time. Then go to, Project > Properties group > Project Information and select "24 hours" as the project calendar. By default the Project Start date always starts at 8:00 am but you can change that to any time you like by editing the Start date time.

2023-02-02_15-08-43.png

I should also add that if you want to show the Gantt display with a 24 hour calendar, double click anywhere in the header of the timescale to bring up the Timescale window. In that window select the "non-working time" tab and then select the 24 hour calendar.

2023-02-02_15-22-14.png

Hope this helps.

John

View solution in original post