Sharepoint inserting multiple rows using one form

Copper Contributor

I have a sharepoint list which saves the data coming from Infopath form. There is multiple check box picker that I am using in my form which gets saved in a column inside sharepoint. I want to create a functionality where if user selects multiple items then it should create multiple rows in sharepoint list.

Eg : checkbox contains : 02C, P2P,R2R.S2S

User selects O2C and P2P

Sharepoint list should have 2 rows

Name,  Amount , Title

Test1 , 3234 , 02C

Test1 , 3234 , P2P

As you can see it duplicates the other columns but splits the checkbox items into two rows.

How can we achieve this using flows or infopath?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

@Arushi9 I have tried this with repeating tables in InfoPath but with no luck. Since InfoPath is on the way out, I would suggest you to transform the soloution to PowerApps. Shane Young has made a great video about the issue with repeating tables in PowerApps like InfoPath, and that helped me a lot.

https://youtu.be/xgznk4XlPCo

https://youtu.be/DylxsXIUyDc

I know it is not a direct answer to your question, but hope it can guide you to a soloution.

/Frank

In this video, you will learn how to create PowerApps repeating tables like you had in InfoPath. We will use SharePoint lists as the data sources and create an expense report. We will do this by customizing a gallery to make it the repeating table including full tab support for easy data entry ...
In this video, you will learn how to view and edit the data that was entered via the repeating table for this expense report example. You will create cascading galleries to view the data and then use a form to edit the data. There is also a delete button for good measure. Lots of new little tricks

Thank you for helping me create a repeating list. However, I'd like the user to be able to upload files (pdf) and images.  How do I name them in the button formula, similar to "lineItem"?  Thank you. @Frank Nielsen