SOLVED

Post message to new channel - ChannelID does not exist

Iron Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement to create a channel at runtime dynamically and then once it is successful, post a message to the newly created channel using the Flow.

I have added two steps to handle this scenario and in second step i configured it to be executed after the success of channel creation & also set it to be synchronous operation.

Still, i get the below error - Can anyone suggest the possible solution for this issue.

{

"error": {

"code""InvalidRequest",

"message""channelId needs to be a valid GUID.\r\nParameter name: channelId",

"innerError": {

"request-id""0831b19e-99d0-4102-835d-f0b186ec62d3",

"date""2018-01-08T18:46:17"

}

}

}

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

3 Replies
best response confirmed by bhanu chintha (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I created test Flow to try this out and it worked fine for me. My Flow created a channel called "TestJeff" and then posted the msg "Test Channel Creation" in the newly created "TestJeff" channel. Here is how my Flow was set-up. I hope this helps.

Flow-Teams-Test.png

Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

May i know how the Id of the new channel is being captured and used in the second step. I am taking the name of the channel from PowerApp form as shown below (attached) - 

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

I am able to take the ID of newly created channel. Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bhanu chintha (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I created test Flow to try this out and it worked fine for me. My Flow created a channel called "TestJeff" and then posted the msg "Test Channel Creation" in the newly created "TestJeff" channel. Here is how my Flow was set-up. I hope this helps.

Flow-Teams-Test.png

View solution in original post