Populate a SharePoint calendar from Microsoft Forms via Flow

Copper Contributor

I have an automation where my users can fill out a Microsoft Form and Flow picks up the fields and puts them into a SharePoint calendar. Now when Forms populates the calendar list, it is one day early for every event, I think due to there is no time field in Forms. I'm trying to add a day to the date fields in Flow by using the adddays formula, but I don't know how. Can anyone help me, or think of a better solution?

forms.png

5 Replies
Use the date time connector and convert the utc time from forms to your timezone and then use that value in your create action https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

@Alan Marshall

Thanks Alan! There are multiple time zones of people that will be using this form - Pacific Time to Eastern Time. I'm not sure which to choose. Any idea? Do I choose the one that I am in as the admin?

Thanks so much! 

@Alan Marshall

Actually your post helped very much. Using the blog article, I was able to use the Flow date time connector for "Add to time" to add a day, and now my process works perfectly. Thank you! 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

@Maridee26 

Hello I hope you don't mind me reaching out to you.

I am just starting the journey of power apps and I would like to do exactly what you have done and use Microsoft Forms to populate a SharePoint Calendar. The Calendar would contain information regarding up coming court dates. I have been searching to learn how to do this and came across your post. Could I ask for your assistance in guided steps from or could you point me to a resource that explains how to do this. I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide. Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Min

@min_moko hello. Sorry for the delay in reply! That form was a long time ago. It was so frustrating! I ended up contacting Microsoft support to help me. I don't remember the details anymore. If you give me an example of your scenario, I might be able to help you.