How to Update list with Lookup column

Brass Contributor

I need to update List with Lookup Column but there will be update all column on List Budget Master Category.

Could this possible to update List 1 (Budget Master Category) only based on ID on List 2 (Transaction Budget Master Category)?

Example :

Input amount on ID 601 in List 2 (Transaction Budget Master Category, and will be updated to List 1 (Budget Master Category) but will updated all amount column ID. What I need is only update ID 601 on SharePoint List 1 (Budget Master Category), and it will increase amount column (with SUM Formula)

I hope my explanation make it easy for everyone to understand my problem 

These are my SharePoint List 1 (Budget Master Category)

These are my SharePoint List 2 (Transaction Budget Master Category)

4.png

There are my flow

1.png

2.png

Thank you

8 Replies

@lucas_ignatius 

As i understood your scenario that

List 2(Transaction Budget Master Category)

ID       Input Amount

601    10,000

List 1(Budget Master Category)

Amount

After processing

List 1(Budget Master Category)

Amount

10,000 + 10,000

20,000 +10,000

30,000 +10,000

List 1 Amount + Input Amount(List 2 ID-601)

if this is scenario then 

(is there 1 row with ID 601 or more than 1  in List 2)

filter List based upon ID=601 then you can use OData Filter Query option of Get Items as ID eq '601' ( you can search more on this how to use)

if its more than 1 then use Apply to Each on Value output from Get Items(Filtered) and take SUM of Input Amount .

I think you are doing later part properly by apply each action to List 1 and doing action as you want.

I hope this helps to you if i understood your scenario correctly :)

Hi @suvi-15 

(Is there 1 row with ID 601 or more than 1  in List 2)

Yes have more than 1 ID

I was try about "OData Filter Query option of Get Items as ID eq '601' ( you can search more on this how to use)"

There is nothing happened

if its more than 1 then use Apply to Each on Value output from Get Items(Filtered) and take SUM of Input Amount .

I'm not understand can you give me picture for this?

@lucas_ignatius 

yes in Get Items you can see Filter query option

suvi15_0-1631611625243.png

well there are other ways (like Filter array or Condition) as well but this one is good one in terms of Performance of flow

Hi @suvi-15 

I was try but nothing happened

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

@lucas_ignatius 

I hope till before Apply to Each 3 Action you get proper value for varVariance .

I think you missed one step i suppose getting Items from BudgetItemsCategory(Get Items) . This list output(values) you have to refer in Apply to Each 3 Action as you are updating list items in BudgetItemsCategory list.

Could you help for best flow? because I'm stuck

@lucas_ignatius 

How you want to trigger flow on the updation of TransactBudgetCategory item and with ID 601 ?

Hi@suvi-15 

I need when item created and modified