Customer Sales/Ordering Process

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm familiar with SharePoint but never really used Power Apps yet, any advice on whether the following is possible and how to approach building would be greatly appreciated

We have been asked to digitise a waste disposal process to record on site customer transactions ideally through a power app

The steps involved are:

Customer turns up on site - their details are entered or searched if previously attended

Operative can select from different waste types with quantities and price attached to each item

A total for disposal is calculated

Completed record is stored in a central list

Is this possible please? If so, any recommended resources on how to approach the build would be great

Thanks

8 Replies

@CirrusTech yes your scenario is most-definitely possible. Unexpectedly I had a couple of hours free on Sunday afternoon so I used the time to build an app based on your post. A video of it is attached. If it's close to what you need I'll give you more details and/or export the app so you can import it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hey Rob, that's excellent thank you! It's definitely along the lines of what we need, would it be possible to make multiple selections of waste types in one go without having to go back to the start? If there are sub categories of say Garden Waste would these need to be added to the main view as additional list items so would have to be in a single list? And would the app be mobile/tablet friendly in that form?
Thanks again for the time spent on this, if it's possible to do what I mentioned above it could be an ideal solution for what we need :)

@CirrusTech apologies for the delay. I've scheduled some time later today to show how this can be done.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@CirrusTech you can see the result in the attached video which shows multiple items being added to the basket, items being deleted and everything being saved to a SharePoint order list. If there were sub-items for a particular waste item, asit's currently programmed they would need to be added individually to the waste type list. But you could have a parent waste type and add sub-types, I just haven't done it that way.

This version of the app is tablet -friendly.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Hey @RobElliott thanks so much for the revision that looks really useful! I'll show my colleague to check if that's what they need but it looks pretty good to me...how do I go about reproducing this? Is what you've made able to be exported/imported as a starting point for us to build on? :)

@CirrusTech I'll export it and attach it to a message with some notes, but it's likely to be Saturday before I can do that as I'm travelling all day tomorrow (Friday).

Rob
Los Gallardos

No worries that would be great thanks again Rob! :) One curve ball that has just come up is they also want to capture the customers signature as part of the process, any thoughts on that? I've seen article which implies they could use digital input to save it as an image but could that then be attached to the finished record in the list?
hey Rob, hope you are well, didn't get chance to look at this again? thanks