Create a document within a document library folder from a sharepoint list

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm new to Power Automate and fairly new to SharePoint. So it would be extremely helpful if someone could provide me with a step-by-step process, hopefully with images of what I need.

I am trying to create a flow that will generate a new document within separate folders (Utilities, Industrial and Renewables) in my SharePoint library (Instructions). I want to be able to pull the data from a list (Instructions Register) and automatically generate a document based on the existing templates in the Utilities, Industrial or Renewables folder. The three folders have their own series. being 4000, 5000 and 6000 respectively.

My sharePoint list has the option of selecting a choice between 4000, 5000, or 6000, and then adding in their respective information, being accessory type, instruction number, document link, etc.

So for example, if I were to create a new entry in the list, and select '4000', with the specific item being 4013, I want it so that it generates a document in the '4000' series folder in the document library based on that 4013 item for me to edit.

I would be grateful if I were to get a solution with pictures based on what you would do on Power Automate Flow, or any other automated solution.

Thank you so much, if you need any clarifications, please don't hesitate to ask!

0 Replies