SOLVED

Copy files from Team SharePoint site to separate SharePoint site

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to find out if this is possible or should it even be done or an easier way.

We have a user with a Team Channel where they upload docs for a specific project but those docs also need to be uploaded to another SharePoint site. They then need to move the docs manually.

Would a flow work to copy to the docs over whenever they are created? Would it work coming from a Teams SharePoint site to a non Teams SharePoint site?

Or is there a way to change the location where docs are saved on the Team Channel itself?

Thank you.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by drishm13 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@drishm13 You can use power automate flow for this scenario:

Configure your flow like below: 

ganeshsanap_0-1663842810183.png

You can use the flow trigger as per your requirements. Check documentation: connectors - SharePoint online 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap ,

This worked - thank you so much.

I just wanted to find out though -  when the file is created in the new site, is there a way to bring over the person who originally uploaded the file? It seems to be bringing over the name of the person associated with the flow?

@drishm13 You can update the created by and modified by column values using SharePoint REST API and Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action:

Sample flow

ganeshsanap_0-1663918949366.png

Other referencesvalidateupdatelistitem using rest to update User field 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by drishm13 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@drishm13 You can use power automate flow for this scenario:

Configure your flow like below: 

ganeshsanap_0-1663842810183.png

You can use the flow trigger as per your requirements. Check documentation: connectors - SharePoint online 

View solution in original post