Planner Task ID

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

So where I work, we have this process when a computer breaks and we have bring it back to the tech office, it get's signed in that it was brought back. This information is put into a sharepoint list via a powerapp to make it easier for out workers. I just found out about Planner and I would like to be able to use a flow to then create a task in Planner for each of these computers that are signed in. I'm able to do that. The next step is when the computer is done being worked on, it is signed out (this is modified in the sharepoint list, and then the task would have to be updated as done. However, in order to do that, I need the task ID in order to update the task. What is this task ID? From my experience with flow and powerapp, the ID is usually the name of the sharepoint list column, user, bucket, etc. The name of the task doesn't seem to work as the flow fails and says it couldn't find the item or it says bad request. And I know if the name has a space, some extra characters appear in the ID instead of a space, and so I've tried it with tasks with no spaces. Anyone know what the task ID would be?

5 Replies
Have you solve this?Apparently the problem is just in the format you think the Task ID has that I think is not correct after reading some documentation about how the Microsoft Graph exposes Planner information. As an example: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/plannerplan_list_tasks

I haven't figured it out yet. If I understand that link correctly, in the example it seems that the ID is "xqQg5FS2LkCp935s-FIFm2QAFkHM" If this is true, how do I get the Task ID for my tasks?

Also while attempting do this again, in flow using the connect "Update a Task" for planner, a Task ID shows which is the exact title of my personal task. This wasn't happening before so maybe there was an update. But unfortunately, this is only showing my personal tasks, not ones for the team I have.

The Microsoft Graph should provide (take a closer look at the documentation) the Task ID for all the Tasks in a Plan
Ok I think I get it. And flow has a HTTP connector that looks like I can do this in. However, how do I get the token? I tried doing some research and everywhere I saw the token is another seemingly random series of characters. Or can I use another authentication method that allows me to specify my user and pass