Looking for to establish Planner connection with PowerBI

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,

I'm required to design Power BI dashboard for Planner tasks but I am not able to connect the Planner data source with PowerBI. Therefore, I am keen to establish connection/data source with Planner in PowerBI to automate the Planner data i.e. tasks so on. Instead of exporting data all the time, my company want me to automate it by using of Power automate(trigger) or any other service. Can someone help me out.

It will be appreciated to share the knowledge.

Thank you!

7 Replies

Thank you @Trutz Stephani ! for your response. I really appreciate.

The easiest way is to try the third party apps for this need

Thanks @Santhosh Balakrishnan,

can you elaborate more please, because still I am looking for to establish efficient connection with PowerBi.

Thank you!

@soorajmandhan You need to use third-party apps (such as Apps4Pro Planner) which connects Microsoft Planner to get the details about plans and tasks. It will create a dataset in the Power Bi with those details. You can utilize the dataset to create your dashboards. The app will sync the data with Power Bi at regular intervals. In this way, your dashboards will be live. 

@soorajmandhan Were you able to set up a working solution? I'm wondering whether there are any approaches to avoid? Thank you!

Did you have succes with Planner connector with apps4 pro planner connector.

Microsoft Flow can't give me a Tags and prioity